Commercial facilities with high traffic levels on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile require regular, high-quality flooring cleaning and maintenance from the professionals at ServiceMaster Cleaning by Simons to preserve their attractive luster. Regularly scheduled cleaning and maintenance keeps floors looking great, controls wear and tear, minimizes damage, and helps eliminate the need for costly repairs and premature replacement.
Unlike most residential settings, hard-surface flooring in businesses can experience extreme use. In addition to heavy foot traffic, objects such as furniture, dollies, boxes, carts, and chairs are often rolled or dragged across hard-surface floors, causing tremendous damage to their finishes. Objects are also routinely dropped on commercial flooring, causing additional wear and tear plus nicking and denting. Walkers and wheelchairs can be sources of damage to commercial flooring in healthcare settings.
Whether the flooring in your commercial facility is wood, tile, marble, or a combination of all three, our company has the tools, resources, and highly trained personnel to restore it to its original beauty.
- Use doormats at all entrances to trap grit, sand, and salt. These abrasive substances can scratch floors.
- Use a dolly and protective sheets of plywood when moving heavy objects. When possible, lift furniture to move it instead of sliding it across the floor.
- Place protective felt pads beneath all furniture legs and feet to reduce or eliminate scratching. Replace the pads at regular intervals.
- Use commercial-grade mats on stair landings and in other high-traffic areas. Choose rugs or mats that allow the floor underneath to “breathe.”
- Check floors periodically for wear and tear. Take action if they look dull, tired, and scratched. The longer you delay calling ServiceMaster Cleaning by Simons, the worse the damage becomes.
- Make sure all furniture casters are clean and operating properly. Clean them regularly to remove dirt and other debris.
With help from ServiceMaster Cleaning by Simons, the floors in your commercial business, office, retail outlet, hotel, or health-care facility will be clean, well-maintained, and ready for the long haul. Give us a call today at 773-376-1110 for a free estimate on our floor cleaning services and for additional details on how we can make your hard surface flooring gleam. In addition to the Magnificent Mile, we offer our high-quality cleaning services to 18 Chicago neighborhoods.