Chicago Mold Cleaner & Mold Remediation Services
What Is Mold Remediation
Mold remediation is the process of identifying, removing, cleaning, sanitizing, and repairing any areas affected by mold growth within a building. Unlike simple mold removal, remediation aims to address not only the visible mold but also the underlying causes that led to its growth and ensuring steps are in place for mold growth prevention.
Why Is Mold In My House
According to the Center For Disease Control And Prevention (CDC), mold is a common household issue and can grow in as little as 48 hours when excessive moisture is present. It can cause structural damage, contribute to allergies, and affect indoor air quality. Whether the unwelcome mold is the result of water damage or high indoor humidity, residential mold remediation services play a vital role in safeguarding the home environment.
Some of the most common causes of mold in residential properties include:
- Leaking Pipes: Water leaks from plumbing can create damp areas where mold thrives.
- Roof Leaks: Damaged or missing shingles can allow water to seep into the attic or walls, leading to mold growth.
- High Humidity: Areas with consistently high humidity levels, such as bathrooms or basements, can foster mold development.
- Poor Ventilation: Lack of proper airflow can trap moisture inside, creating a suitable environment for mold.
- Flooding: Whether from heavy rains or burst pipes, flooding can saturate materials in the home, leading to mold if not properly dried.
- Condensation: Cold surfaces can create condensation, which may lead to mold growth on windowsills, metal pipes, and concrete floors.
- Wet Clothes or Towels: Leaving wet garments or towels lying around can create localized areas of moisture, encouraging mold.
- Damp Basements or Crawl Spaces: These areas often have less ventilation and can become breeding grounds for mold if moisture is present.
- Improperly Sealed Windows or Doors: Gaps and cracks can let in moisture, especially during rainy seasons, leading to mold.
- Household Plants: Overwatering plants or using contaminated soil can sometimes lead to mold growth in the potting soil or on the plants themselves.
- Building Materials: Certain materials like drywall can retain moisture, especially if they are exposed to water and not dried properly.
We specialize in resolving mold growth in hard-to-access areas and our mold remediation and mold cleaning services include, but are not limited to the following situations:
- Mold in attics
- Mold in basements
- Mold in bathroom and shower ceilings or walls
- Mold growing behind and under kitchen appliances
- Mold growth on wood furniture, floors and other personal belongings
- Mold in HVAC ducts
- And more!
Don’t let mold continue to damage your home. Call us today to speak to our expert mold remediator
Mold Remediation Process
The EPA indicates that moldy areas less than 10 square feet (approximately 3 ft by 3 ft) can be handled by yourself. However larger areas or mold caused by a lot of water damage need to be handled by mold removal professionals.
How Does Professional Mold Removal and Remediation Work?
Professional mold remediation and restoration is a specialized process that involves several key steps to ensure that the mold is completely eradicated and that the underlying causes are addressed.
At ServiceMaster Restoration by Simons, we take mold damage restoration seriously and ensure that mold is removed from your property with our seven-step action plan:
Step 1: Immediate Response
ServiceMaster Restoration by Simons offers 24/7 services so we can take care of mold damage FAST.
Step 2: Mold Inspection
Test and observe the environment to identify the problem and its causes (testing is done by a partner testing company or environmental hygienist).
Step 3: Alert your insurance provider
We will provide information about the extent of the damage and prescribed solutions when necessary.
Step 4: Containment and Air Filtration
For your safety, our mold remediation specialists will seal off contaminated areas and filter the air.
Step 5: Removal of Mold
Eradicate mold and suppress spore spread.
Step 6: Deep Cleaning & Sanitization
Apply anti-microbial solutions and disinfect.
Step 7: Restoration
Restore the property to its original state.
After the mold remediation work is completed, we’ll provide mold prevention tips and support to help you keep a healthy, mold-free environment for your family and/or employees.
30% of mold removals are water damage claims. Coverage depends on the source of water, and it is advised to review your policy with an expert. We are here to help! We will work with you to guide you through the insurance process.
Residential Mold Remediation Cost
The cost of residential mold remediation services in Chicagoland and surrounding areas can vary greatly depending on the extent of the damage, underlying causes, whether emergency services are needed and many other factors.
While cost is an important consideration, choosing a qualified mold removal company is crucial to ensure mold is safely removed and the underlying cause is addressed to prevent future problems.
You can trust the experts at ServiceMaster Restoration by Simons, the best mold remediation company in Chicago, to work with you to create a plan to fit your mold damage repair needs.
Why Choose ServiceMaster Restoration by Simons
- 65+ years of mold cleanup and removal experience
- 24/7 mold removal team
- Free consultation and estimate
- Woman-owned and family-operated
- Fully licensed, insured and IICRC-Certified
- Consistent exceptional results for residential mold removal
- Committed to customer satisfaction
- Highest standards of work for every project
ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons offers residential mold remediation and mold removal services that are vital for the health and well-being of your loved ones. With expertise in remediation, cleanup, and removal, and a 24/7 response team, we will ensure a mold-free environment.