With over 700 Chicago hotels, together housing over 101,000 rooms, the unfortunate odds are that a fire will break out in one or more of those properties at some time. If you’re a hotel manager at one of these lodging properties anywhere within the windy city, including Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, the safety of all your guests, employees, and vendors is your utmost priority. Another concern is the fire damage that can put your property out of commission either temporarily or permanently.
If you’re a Chicago hotel manager or owner, you can quickly turn to ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons for professional fire damage, smoke damage, and water damage restoration after the fire fighters have put out the blaze. Our highly trained professionals use the ServiceMaster smoke and fire damage restoration process to return property to its pre-loss condition as quickly and effectively as possible. This professional and effective process encompasses the following steps: emergency pre-cleaning, content cleaning and pack-out, wall cleaning, ceiling cleaning, and deodorization. More restoration services are available upon request.
To prevent having to make an emergency call to both the fire department and ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons, study these fire safety tips, which are geared towards both hotel guests and employees:
- Make a special room request at check-in. Many safety experts recommend staying somewhere between the third and sixth floors.
- Request a map at the front desk or review the one that’s posted on the back of the door. Familiarize yourself with the location of the stairwells and emergency exits and calculate a few potential escape routes.
- Place a flashlight on the nightstand to use in case an emergency exit is required.
- Never, ever smoke in bed. If you do smoke elsewhere in the room, douse your cigarette butt with water before retiring.
- In the event of a fire, leave your suitcase behind. Your belongings are replaceable, but you are not!
In addition to the Magnificent Mile, ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons serves seventeen more Chicago neighborhoods, including Gold Coast, Near North, and River North, with high-quality fire damage, water damage, and smoke damage restoration. We’re available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, offering finely-tuned fire damage restoration skills to help you get your hotel, motel, inn, or bed and breakfast up and running and back to full capacity! Our telephone number is 773-376-1110.