Fire Damage Portage Park-Smoke Odor Removal-Soot Cleaning-Content Cleaning ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons Chicago IL
ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons, Chicago’s Leader In Professional Disaster Restoration Services, Provides Fire Damage Restoration, Smoke Odor Removal, and Soot Cleaning Services to Homes and Businesses in Chicago’s Portage Park Neighborhood
Have You had Fire Damage in Portage Park? Look No Further!
Boasting one of the best home values of all the 77 Chicago suburbs, Portage Park is heavily residential and has attracted many young families over the past 20 years. Most of the architecture found in Portage Park is Midwestern-style bungalows featuring wide lots and an attractive tax rate for people who want to live near the city but not in it. While you will find some newer apartments in the area, most of the 4-mile radius is comprised of older homes built in the 1930s. As these homes age, faulty and outdated electrical wiring has been to blame for house fires in the area. ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons can respond quickly any time day or night for Portage Park Fire Damage Restoration needs.
Here are some signs you may be at risk for an electrical fire:
- Circuit breakers are tripping
- The job of a circuit breaker is to prevent overheating and protect against short circuits. If a circuit breaker trips frequently, you need to have an electrician check the breaker and the circuit it protects.
- A burning smell with no identifiable source
- This can be produced by old and/or faulty wiring, the main cause of electrical fires. Our fire damage restoration services comprise largely of remediating electrical fires.
- Charred or discolored outlets or switches
- This is seen when you have loose connections or faulty wiring behind them. This causes arcing and sparks and repeated arcing can eventually cause a full-scale fire.
- A home that is 50+ years old
- Many older homes simply don’t have the wiring or circuit protection required to meet today’s needs. Your electrical system may need to be upgraded to be safe!