Disasters, both man-made and natural, come in all shapes and sizes. For example, an earthquake recently struck Japan, killing hundreds and injuring many more. Recent flooding in Louisiana required extensive intervention from the American Red Cross. ServiceMaster Restoration by Simons offers disaster restoration services.
It’s imperative to know the risks in your area. Different areas of the country have different risks, and while some types of disasters (such as a hurricane) aren’t going to strike Wicker Park, IL, many others may. So it’s best to be prepared for an emergency and to have ServiceMaster Restoration by Simons’ number on hand.
By having our contact information close by, you can immediately reach out to us to begin the process of cleaning up and restoring your commercial or residential property after a disaster. After all, a fast response from a professional disaster restoration company after a disaster minimizes the damage, decreases the risk of further damages, and reduces the costs you’ll have to pay to repair the damage.
Spring is the perfect time to consider adverse weather, and disaster restoration services, a preparedness plan can go a long way towards keeping your family safe during an emergency. The American Red Cross suggests these basic steps:
- Meet with your family or household members to develop a plan.
- Discuss how to prepare and respond to emergencies that are most likely to happen where you live, work, learn, and play.
- Identify responsibilities for each member of your household and plan to work together as a team.
- If a family member is in the military, plan how you would respond if he or she is deployed.
- Choose two places to meet in case you’re separated during an emergency. One meeting place should be right outside your home in case of a sudden emergency. The second should be outside your neighborhood, in case you cannot return home or are asked to evacuate.
- Choose an out-of-area emergency contact person.
- Finally, plan what you’ll do if you have to evacuate. Know your community’s emergency alerts and warning systems. For example, what does a tornado siren in your area sound like? Once you know the alerts and warning systems, you’ll know how best to respond.
If a natural or man-made disaster strikes your Wicker Park home or place of business, give ServiceMaster Restorations a call at 773-376-1110. We’re available 24/7 and we’re trained, equipped, and ready to restore your property to its pre-loss condition as quickly as possible.