Have you thought about what you would do if your business suffered from a fire? Aside from inventory loss, there are many other things to be concerned about. Generally, a trusted professional ServiceMaster Restoration by Simons is available on demand to quickly reduce the permanent damage and restore the office.
The aftermath of a fire can be downright devastating, but what you do in the few hours after the incident could make the difference between your business being closed a few days or a few weeks. Without reacting quickly and getting a professional fire remediation plan implemented, you run the risk of further long term damage to your business building. The fire may have taken all your current assets, but you do not want it to also ruin your future business.
What should you include in a fire resolution plan? Below are a few general points you need to address, but these are just meant to give you a starting point:
- Contacting all employees and notifying them of the incident. Will they be working from home, reporting to another location, or just stuck without work? This decision can impact employee moral greatly, so it is wise to notify employees in advance of what the course of action may be.
- Preselect a qualified professional cleaning and restoration service and have their contact information on file. That way you can make one quick phone call to implement the remediation plan.
- Once you start the cleanup process, what other key services or businesses do you need to contact? Security provider, internet and phone company, shipping companies, etc.?
- Are there important daily tasks that must still be completed?
- Who is responsible for ensuring the business is still operational in some capacity? This is especially important for those retailers with an online presence.
Hopefully the few starting points above are enough to get you thinking about what you can do to be proactive about dealing with a disaster. The important thing to remember is that no one ever plans to be affected by a fire, but what happens afterwards can greatly impact the future of the business.
If your business experiences a fire, please give ServiceMaster Restoration by Simons a call as quickly as possible. We will immediately begin the fire damage and fire restoration services in Chicago to get you, your employees, and business operating as soon as possible.
[Image courtesy of Sira Anamwong at FreeDigitalPhotos.net]