We can probably all agree that our four-legged friends are an important part of our lives. After all, they love us, they depend on us, and they provide hours of enjoyment. However, there’s not much enjoyment in trying to remove the result of a urine or fecal matter accident made by our furry friends on our upholstered furniture.
Often, home remedies will eliminate the stains and odors, but a do-it-yourself approach doesn’t work, the upholstery cleaning professionals at ServiceMaster Cleaning by Simons are standing by to address and remove stains and odors. In addition to being able to clean many commonly used fabrics, our team members have the expertise to tackle many hard-to-clean materials. Another great reason to call on us? As long as your pet can smell his personal scent, he’ll continue to return to the “accident zone.”
If you’re a “do–it–yourselfer” and you want to tackle the odors and stains on your own before calling us, here are several tips from The Humane Society of the United States for cleaning upholstery after your dog or cat has “done his or her business” on your favorite upholstered chair or sofa.
FOR NEW OR WET STAINS:
- Soak up as much of the urine as possible with a combination of newspapers and paper towels. At this stage, the more urine you can remove, the easier it will be to remove the odor.
- If possible, put the urine-soaked paper towels in the area where your pet should be doing its business—your cat’s litter box or your dog’s designated outdoor bathroom area. This will teach them to come back to this area.
- For urine or fecal matter stains, rinse the accident zone thoroughly with clean, cool water. After rinsing, remove as much of the water as possible by blotting.
FOR STAINS THAT HAVE ALREADY SET:
- Use a high-quality pet odor neutralizer. Nature’s Miracle—available at pet supply stores—is one example of this type of product.
- Try a high quality upholstery stain remover if the area still looks stained after it’s completely dry from rinsing, extracting, and neutralizing the spot.
Contact ServiceMaster Cleaning by Simons at 773-376-1110 for all of your upholstered furniture cleaning needs in Chicago’s The Loop neighborhood.
We follow an effective and efficient four-step cleaning process to remove stains left by your pets and a whole lot more! Your upholstered furniture will look and smell terrific after we’re done cleaning it.