Gorgeous views, raking leaves, and pumpkin chai. Welcome to fall. But here’s the thing; fall means that winter is coming soon (sorry, we had to say it). It’s important to make sure you take care of prepping your home for winter now, rather than waiting until Jack Frost makes his appearance.
Not only does ServiceMaster Cleaning by Simons offer carpet cleaning services in the Chicago area, but we are also furniture cleaning and upholstery cleaning experts. We understand that your furniture, even the furniture on your patio, adds an important element of character and style to your home.
You may not have thought about it before, but it’s important to ensure that your patio furniture is properly cleaned before packing it away into storage.
Stains that are allowed to seep into furniture for a season can be nearly impossible to remove when it’s time to put them out again. Not to mention that any moisture not dealt with can leave you with patio pieces covered in mildew.
A thorough fall cleaning of your patio furniture can help guarantee that you will have beautiful pieces to pull out of storage come springtime. It can also prolong the life of your outdoor furniture pieces so that they can last through multiple seasons.
Here are a few tips for minor maintenance on different types of outdoor furniture:
- Wood outdoor furniture:Wash the wood with a mild soap and scrub brush. Thoroughly dry to prevent accumulation of mildew.
- Wicker furniture:Wash wicker with soapy water and a wash cloth. Make sure to thoroughly rinse out the soap and dry the pieces.
- Resin furniture:Wash with a mild solution of soap and water. Harsh agents can damage the resin. Thoroughly rinse and towel dry. You can use a diluted bleach solution for stains.
- Wrought iron furniture:Wash with soapy water; rinse and towel dry. Immediately touch up rust spots to prevent further rusting. Should be brought indoors or tightly covered during winter. You can use wax to polish wrought iron furniture for further weather protection.
- Teak furniture:Teak oil is a dust magnet for outdoor teak furniture, so don’t use it. Instead, use a mild soapy solution with a gentle brush. Make sure the pieces completely dry before packing them away.
- Aluminum furniture:Wash aluminum furniture with a mild liquid detergent solution. Rinse thoroughly and dry. For added protection, use wax (the stuff used on cars) and gently polish all surfaces.
For those patio furniture pieces that have upholstery, invest in a professional cleaning service to ensure you are able to keep using those pieces for seasons to come.
ServiceMaster Cleaning by Simons not only provides phenomenal carpet cleaning, but we are also experts at upholstery cleaning. If you live in the Chicago area and want to protect your outdoor furniture, call us today at 773-376-1110 for a free estimate on our services.