In this Real Stories in Restoration episode, Nasutsa Mabwa, owner and president of ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons, shares her unique voyage from social work to restoration, being selective with service offerings, and keeping her business small and agile to stay closely connected to customers.
Mabwa also discusses avoiding burnout, working with fellow franchisees and providing COVID-19 disinfection services since early 2020.
This episode covers:
- The role of family in driving Nasutsa and her husband, Sam, to launch a property restoration franchise
- The value of social working experience in serving customers during moments of disruption and uncertainty
- How Mabwa as a leader and the business have evolved since launching in 2013
- Creating alliances with fellow ServiceMaster franchises
- Focusing on the areas her business excels at instead of trying to be all things to everyone
- Time management, pacing herself as a business owner and learning to turn down certain opportunities
- The work behind earning the 2020 Better Business Bureau Torch Award for marketplace ethics
- A highlight reel of Mabwa’s most memorable projects
- Top takeaways from providing COVID-19 disinfection services since the onset of the pandemic in 2020
- Giving back to the community and networking through chamber of commerce involvement
- A vision to lean more into commercial work looking ahead
Check out this episode of Real Stories in Restoration to learn more. You can watch the video here or listen to the audio version of our conversation here. You can also find our show on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. Just search for Restoration & Remediation Ask the Expert, then hit Follow.
If you’d like to share your story on a future episode of Real Stories in Restoration, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Us: ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons, is a Bronze Stevie® Award in the Female Entrepreneur of the Year category in the 18th annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business, recipient of the 2020 Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics, and recipient of the 2020 Skokie Business of the Year Award, Honorable Mention Category. ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons (MBE/WBE) is a family operated, IICRC & OSHA Certified company serving Chicago, Oak Park, River Forest, and the North Shore. We provide commercial disaster restoration services including Water & Flood Damage Restoration, Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration, Mold Remediation and a wide range of interior specialty cleaning including COVID-19 Cleaning Services, Hoarder & Clutter Cleaning, Post-Construction Cleaning, Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning to residential and commercial customers. For more information, call 773-839-5542 or visit www.servicemasterbysimons.com or email@example.com