Punxsutawney Phil, the world’s most renown weather forecaster, failed to see his shadow in early February. This means spring is right around the corner, or so the folklore says, according to The Washington Post. However, the furry little creature has only been right a mere 39% of the time, reports the StormFax Almanac, which means Chicagoans might be in for a lot more winter!
If that’s the case, there are plenty of cool days and cold nights remaining for folks to use their fireplaces and space heaters to help chase away the chill in Lakeview, IL. While it’s nice to use a fireplace or space heater to create a warm and cozy atmosphere, they’re responsible for several house fires every year that require extensive fire damage restoration.
If you find yourself in need of fire damage restoration in the greater Chicago area, look no further than the expert restoration professionals with ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons. We’ve got the tools, techniques, and expertise to return your precious home or business to its pre-loss condition as soon as possible.
To prevent having to make the call for fire damage restoration, carefully heed these winter safety tips to keep your family and property free from fire:
- Make sure your furnace is inspected and serviced at least once a year
- Never, ever leave a running space heater unattended
- Plug your space heater directly into an outlet vs. an extension cord, and position it at least 3 feet from any potential fire hazards
- If your space heater doesn’t have an automatic shut-off feature, buy one that does
- Never leave your home if your gas or wood-burning fireplace is operating
- Use only dry, seasoned wood in fireplaces, and make sure the chimney and vents are clean
- Make sure your wood fire is completely extinguished before leaving home or going to sleep
- Use a fire screen to catch flying embers
Call ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons immediately at 773-376-1110 if you find yourself in need of expert fire damage restoration in the Lakeview, IL neighborhood. We’ll be on the scene within hours to survey the damage and to get to work at restoring your property in record time.