Chicago Professional Carpet Cleaning with ServiceMaster Restoration by Simons
With Valentine’s Day behind us, only the heart-shaped boxes emptied of their romantic chocolaty contents remain. Did you know that the average American consumes close to 24 pounds of candy per year, and most of that poundage is some type of scrumptious chocolate? Without fail, some of that chocolate may fall onto your floors and carpets. Whether the cause is excitement or a Valentine’s Day date gone awry, those small bits and morsels of chocolate can get squished and squashed onto and into your carpet and cause big stains that are difficult to remove. There are a few quick actions that can prevent the stain from becoming a date-ruiner, but if you’d rather not deal with it, call ServiceMaster Restoration by Simons to schedule a carpet cleaning in Chicago, IL homes and businesses.
- Scoop up as much of the stain as possible. Blot, don’t rub the stain. Vacuum up any dry particles.
- Prepare a stain busting solution. Try a ratio of 2 tablespoons vinegar to 4 cups of warm water. Be sure to test this solution on a small area to avoid discoloration or damage to the carpet.
- Apply the cleaning solution to a cloth and use the cloth to apply to carpet stain. Work from the outside of the stain towards the center. Let the solution sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Absorb the solution with a white cloth. Continue repeating this process until no more stain transfers to the cloth. Rinse the area with cold water.
- If the stain remains, call a professional carpet cleaning company. ServiceMaster Restoration by Simons is well versed in Chicago carpet cleaning and removing a variety of stains. We’ve seen almost every stain there is, especially chocolate!
Contact ServiceMaster by Simons at 855-9-SIMONS for professional carpet cleaning and stain removal in Chicago. After all, why let an accidental chocolate stain make your Valentine’s Day of delight a miserable messy memory instead of the romantic rendezvous it was intended to be?